Dear BWF Friend:
2014 has been a bittersweet year at BWF. We have exceeded internal expectations, witnessed miracles, celebrated successes and experienced some heartache along the way to a very successful year of rescues and rabbit advocacy.
There is a reason why CBS Los Angeles included BWF in their 5 top choices of “Best Volunteer Opportunities For Animal Lovers in Los Angeles.”
BWF continues to be one of the strongest advocates for domestic rabbits and a powerful influence in the Los Angeles area. Our Board Members, Volunteers, Fosters, Transporters have gone above and beyond the call of duty for yet another year to ensure the delivery of many babies to safe, loving, ‘furever’ homes! BWF takes this opportunity to give sincere thanks and gratitude to all who have touched BWF in a positive way and lent a helping hand.
Due to the City Crises where 100+ rabbits have been impounded we have opted for an end of year message that will preclude our official newsletter to be published in early 2015. This message is also an opportunity for you to give a voice to the voiceless through a generous donation that will continue to fuel many more milestones similar to those summarized in this message.
Our January 2015 Newsletter will include the following stories of miracles and 2014 milestones:
- Throughout a six and a half year journey over 5,000 bunny rescues to look back on.
- Illegal animal traffickers minimized and kept at bay.
- BWF Foster Program successfully expanded and adoptions peaking.
- A record 70 bunnies successfully rescued in December only!
- BWF intervention on horrific breeding operation of 127 Rabbits in Sherman Oaks (Califa)
- BWF intervention on horrific breeding operation of 100+ rabbits in Sherman Oaks (Magnolia)
- BWF intervention on horrific breeding operation of 100+ rabbits in Westchester.
- Through stern criticism of failed efforts of Los Angeles Animal Services (LAAS) and multiple trips to City Hall and attendance of the LA City Commission Meetings, BWF brought about an evolution to LAAS collaborating with BWF on most recent breeding intervention.
- Whole Foods Campaign / BWF Advocacy Efforts and Protests – to STOP Butchering Bunnies.
- Special Needs bunnies BWF helped survive against all odds – Scooter, Peter Parker, Charlotte, to mention just a few. [See Scooter Before AND After]
- Blizzy, a disabled bunny, the new ambassador to End Animal Testing Campaign.
- A Special Tribute to Minerva, the bunny who touched million hearts.
What’s Next on the BWF Agenda? Our focus and new campaign in 2015 will include a New Program “Equity & Equality for Rabbits” to ensure that Rabbits are protected under the law and granted the same rights as cats and dogs; to stop rabbit overpopulation by regulating commercial rabbit breeders and by enforcing spay/neuter laws; and to make the City of Los Angeles the FIRST city to enact such legislation!
The challenges we faced in 2014 will continue in 2015, so we ask you to please remember BWF in your holiday gift plans. Your year-end tax-deductible donation will make a positive difference as we head into the New Year. Donations can be made via Givezooks or via PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated and adds up. So, please, fellow bunny lovers....Can you slip a little something in our bunnies' stocking?
If you’d like to make a donation directly to our vet for our $4.5k outstanding medical bill, please call Northwood Animal Hospital at (949) 559-1992. They accept $100+ donations on BWF only.
Our New Year Wish? This morning we received a call from North Central Animal Shelter (LAAS) asking us to help this beautiful Rex bunny (A1527883, see above) that someone dyed into blue and pink, hurt her eye (which will need enucleation) and dumped at the shelter. Our vet is ready to do the eye surgery on Friday, January 2nd. Will you help us get this girl out to safety and facilitate her surgery which is estimated to cost $1,500? Once again, you can donate to the vet or BWF directly.
Thank you! All of us at BWF are grateful for your help and support in 2014 and we wish you and your loved ones a Safe and Hoppy Holiday Season and a Wonderful New Year!
Bunny World Foundation (BWF), is a non-profit 501(c) 3, ALL-VOLUNTEER, animal welfare organization founded in 2008 in LA, California. Its mission is to combat animal cruelty, illegal animal sales, exploitation and neglect of all animals, through rescue efforts, public education, research, investigations, legislation, special events, and media attention. BWF has rescued over 3,000 unweaned baby bunnies from Santee Alley, LA Fashion District and 2,000 from other predicaments. Please visit BWF Website for more information.